2015 Alumni Awards
The Alumni Awards Committee is proud to announce the 2015 outstanding alumni recognized this year. Recipients will be recognized at the Alumni Awards Luncheon, Fri., Oct. 9 during Homecoming Weekend.
Distinguished Alumna Award
Dr. Elizabeth "Liz" Bains '64
Retired, NASA (Johnson Space Center)
Dr. Shawn Bender '01
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biomedical Sciences at the Dalton Cardiovsascular Research Center
Jeff Boland '86
Partner and Department Head of Senior Living Services Consulting Group, RLK
Dr. Richard "Dick" H. Harper '60
Consultant, Department of Dentistry at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Retired, U.S. Navy Dental Corps
Young Alumni Award
Justin Albert '05
Assistant Vice President and Actuary, The Hartford
B.S. Actuarial Science
Creative Achievement Award (Arts)
Paul Smith '88
Manager of Event Technical Services, Susquehanna University
The June Herr Outstanding Educator of the Year Award
Nathan G. Mains '94
Executive Director of the Pennsylvania School Boards Association
B.A. Political Science
D. Clark Carmean Award in Admission
Karl D. Liedtka '91
Coordinator of Counseling Programs, Lebanon School District
A committee of alumni, Alumni Awards Committee selects outstanding alumni to receive the Distinguished Alumnus/na Award and Alumni Citations, which are presented annually. The Alumni Awards Committee may also offer one of the four other awards based only when a noteworthy recipient(s) are identified. The Alumni Awards are:
- The Distinguished Alumnus/na Award: for significant service to one's profession, the community, and to the College.
- Alumni Citation: for significant service in one of three areas: to one's profession, to the community, or to the College.
- Creative Achievement Award: presented for distinguished creative accomplishments in the arts and journalism.
- D. Clark Carmean Award in Admission: for notable service to LVC's Admission office, especially with new student referral and recruitment.
- The Young Alumni Award: recognizes an individual who graduated within the last 15 years for achievements in one's profession, significant service to the community, or College.
- The June Herr Outstanding Educator of the Year Award: presented to an outstanding person in the field of education.
For more information or to nominate an alumnus/na for one of the Alumni Awards, please contact the Office of Alumni & Parent Engagement at 717.867.6320, 1.800.ALUMLVC (1.800.258.6582), or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If interested in joining the Alumni Awards Committee, please contact the Office of Alumni & Parent Engagement.