Internships in Art & Art History
Internships allow students to gain valuable career experience for course credit. Situated within 45 minutes of three small cities (Harrisburg, Lancaster, and Reading) and within three hours of four major cities, (Baltimore, Washington D.C., New York City, and Philadelphia), LVC students have access to a large number of arts organizations.
Recent internships completed by AAH majors include:
- Demuth Museum, Lancaster, Pa.
- Lebanon Picture Frame and Fine Art, Lebanon, Pa.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Princeton University Art Museum, Princeton, N.J.
- Susquehanna Art Museum, Harrisburg, Pa.
- YorkARTS Community Art Center, York, Pa.
As a component of the Art & Art History program, the Suzanne H. Arnold Art Gallery
offers a 6-credit Gallery Assistant Internship
that offers one student per semester the opportunity to work closely with the Gallery staff on all aspects of running the Gallery—including exhibition planning, installation of art work, gallery promotion, and fundraising.