Digital Communications at Lebanon Valley College
We recommend that all digital communications (DigiCOM) majors purchase a wireless-enabled notebook computer (PC or Mac) that meets the minimum hardware requirements listed below.
DigiCOM majors can acquire their own computer that meets the department's minimum computer requirements or they can buy a recommended PC or Mac system through the IT Services "buying a computer page."
Program's Minimum Computer Requirements
- 2.7 GHz dual core processor or 2.2 GHz quad processor minimum
- 15.6" or larger display; Full HD graphics (1920x1080) or Hi-Res (1680x1050)
- 4 GB of memory (RAM); 1 DIMM recommended
- 512MB or larger discrete video card
- Firewire port
- 250 GB or larger 7200 RPM hard drive
- DVD/RW drive
- Wifi (802.11 a/g/n) and Bluetooth enabled
- Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate® or Mac OS X® (v10.6)
* We recommend that all students have a four year basic limited warranty on their notebooks.
Recommended Industry-Standard Software
All DigiCOM majors will use the Adobe Creative cloud in classrooms and labs. We recommend, but do not require, that students get the Adobe Creative Cloud. If students desire the convenience of using this software on their own computer at home or over breaks, they can purchase a discounted version of the Adobe Creative Cloud by following this link. Please note that Adobe only offers the Creative Cloud through a monthly fee-based software service.
Consult our frequently asked questions document for more information.