A total power outage affecting the entire campus is referred to
as a "blackout."
- Remain calm and alert.
- Turn off all light switches.
- Set equipment switches to OFF.
- Increase ventilation by opening windows.
- If your area has an emergency generator that does
not start, notify facilities services (ext. 6340) or public safety (ext. 6111).
- If directed to do so, evacuate the building using
building evacuation procedures.
- Follow directions of LVC public safety personnel.
Note: The following are not considered critical
incidents/emergencies: a small power outage affecting only a few
buildings on campus; a brownout resulting in a reduction in
voltage by the power utility company during periods of heavy power usage.