The town of Annville is located in an area where the risk of earthquake
exposure to the College is considered slight: Seismic Zone 1 as defined by
the Uniform Building Code.
An earthquake and any subsequent aftershocks may trigger secondary
events such as fire , flooding,
and the release or spread of
If shaking is felt, the following are appropriate:
- Get under a desk, table, door arch, or stairwell.
- If none of the above is available, move to an interior wall and cover your head with your arms.
- Stay away from large windows, shelving systems, and tall room partitions.
When shaking has stopped:
- Survey the immediate area for trapped or injured persons.
- Evacuate the building using building evacuation procedures.
- Return to the building only when given the "all clear" signal by emergency personnel.