System Administration Specialist
Joy is responsible for assisting with the management and operation of the campus servers and telecommunications systems.
Address: Lynch 005
System Administration Assistants
Original Date Prepared: 4/2004 Revision Date: 9/2011
Reports to: Manager of Technical Services
Administrative Group: IT Services
Functional Description: The System Administration Assistant is responsible for assisting the Director of Technical Services with the management and operation of the campus servers and telecommunications systems. The System Administration Assistant is part of the Technical Services group within IT Services.
- Maintaining user accounts and passwords.
- Monitoring server backups and coordinating off-site storage of backup media.
- Monitoring server utilization and performance.
- Assisting with upgrades to server software and hardware.
- Preparing and maintaining documentation as requested.
- Assisting with oversight of the server room and its support systems (e.g., air conditioning, UPS's).
- Providing input and support to the IT disaster recovery plan.
- Managing voicemail accounts and passwords.
- Handling or coordinating resolution of problems with telephones, long distance, voicemail and cable TV.
- Coordinating the assignment of long distance PINs to employees who need them.
- Serving as the contact for the companies that provide telecom and cable services.
Principal Internal Working Relationships: Students, faculty and staff.
External Working Relationships: Vendors.
Direct Reports: None.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma (post-secondary training in a computer-related field preferred).