Client Services Coordinator
The Client Services Coordinator supervises the labs and
help desk, coordinates support calls to campus computer users and maintains the inventory of desktops, laptops, printers and fax machines.
Address: Lynch 004
Client Services Coordinator
Original Date Prepared: 11/1995 Revision Date: 5/2004; 6/2006, 5/2012
Reports to: Director of Client Services
Administrative Group: IT Services
Functional Description: The Client Services Coordinator supervises the computer labs and help desk, coordinates support calls to campus computer users and maintains the inventory of College-owned computers, printers and fax machines. The Client Services Coordinator is part of the Client Services group within IT Services.
- Provide first-level support to campus users of Windows and Macintosh computers and related peripherals by monitoring Help Desk requests for service, using remote assistance tools, and visiting offices as needed to provide support and training.
- Coordinate all requests for assistance that cannot be resolved via the steps above. Contact users as needed when work is completed.
- In order to ensure quality service, on a weekly basis, call users who contacted the Help Desk the previous week to verify that service was provided to their satisfaction and reactivate calls as needed.
- In conjunction with the PC Support Specialist, coordinate the repair of college-owned computers and printers with the firm(s) doing repairs. Maintain records on maintenance contracts and coordinate annual service of college-owned printers.
- Coordinate the purchase and receipt of computers, printers and fax machines, and maintain an accurate inventory of all such devices.
- Provide personal electronic mail and software training for new faculty and staff including contacting new users, scheduling appointments and visiting their offices for training sessions.
- Assist the Director of Client Services in planning, developing, and delivering various workshops given to the campus community.
- Act as the primary point of contact and coordinate the recruitment, hiring, scheduling, training, supervision, and evaluation of student help desk assistants and lab assistants.
- Assist with the recruitment, hiring, scheduling, training and supervision, of student technicians.
- Serve as a resource person to others in IT Services and participating in projects as required.
- Remain up-to-date on current developments and trends in the field of personal computing.
- Assist with the printing or replacement ID cards.
- Assist with changing passwords.
- Other duties as assigned.
Principal Internal Working Relationships: Students, faculty and staff.
External Working Relationships: Vendors.
Direct Reports: None.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma.