Connecting to ResNet
To use the residence hall network (ResNet):
- Plug one end of your Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on your computer.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the data jack on the wall in your room. The data jack normally is blue in color, or labeled "Data" or "Computer".
- Start your computer and open your web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.).
- Try to connect to any non-LVC web site out on the Internet.
- If you have already registered your computer on the campus network, you will be connected to the off-campus web site. If not, continue with the steps below.
- You will see a network registration screen. Click Start, and enter your LVC username and password.
- Enter the additional information requested and upon successful completion you will have full access to the Internet.
If you have any questions or run into any problems, please contact the IT HelpDesk during business hours at ext. 6072 (or 717-867-6072).