Database Analyst and Programmer
B.S., Lock Haven State College, 1980.
Kent assists the Director of Enterprise Information Services with the management, programming and administration of the college’s database information systems.
Address: Lynch 005
Original Date Prepared: 11/2001 Revision Date: 4/2005
Reports to: Director of Enterprise Information Systems
Administrative Group: Information Technology
Functional Description: The Database Analyst/Programmer is responsible for assisting with the management, programming and administration of the college's database information systems. The Database Analyst/Programmer is part of the Enterprise Information Systems group within Information Technology.
- Working with Enterprise Information Systems staff and end users to support and enhance the productivity of the users of the college's database information systems.
- Becoming an expert in:
- Uniquery query language.
- UniBasic and Envision programming.
- Envision screen painter and Envision batch processor.
- Data import/export tools.
- Providing programming and interface support for the college's database information systems including Colleague, Blackboard, Sirsi and 1Card.
- Maintaining documentation on all customizations with special attention to reducing the impact of database patches and new release loads.
- Developing a clear understanding of the overall structure of Colleague.
- Developing a working knowledge of Datatel-supplied subroutines to support query-language dictionaries.
- Developing and maintaining:
- Custom versions of standard forms.
- Custom Envision subroutines to support query-language dictionaries.
- Custom Envision screens primarily to support WebAdvisor.
Principal Internal Working Relationships: Students, faculty and staff.
External Working Relationships: Vendors.
Direct Reports: None.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree.