PC Support Specialist
Nate, along with other members of the Client Services team, provides assistance to all desktop computer users in offices, classrooms and labs.
Address: Lynch 004
PC Support Specialist
Original Date Prepared: 7/2000 Revision Date: 5/2004, 6/2006, 5/2012
Reports to: Director of Client Services
Administrative Group: IT Services
Functional Description: The PC Support Specialist has primary responsibility for the support of all desktop computer users and student computer labs. The PC Support Specialist is part of the Client Services group within IT Services. Functional Description: The PC Support Specialist works with other members of the Client Services group within IT Services to provide assistance to all desktop computer users in offices, classrooms and labs. The PC Support Specialist is part of the Client Services group within IT Services.
- Provide support to users of personal computer systems.
- Staff the help desk as needed.
- Install, network, upgrade and swap College-owned computers and related equipment.
- Assist the Client Services team in assuring the timely diagnosis and repair of personal computers and related equipment.
- Ensure – along with the head lab assistant and others in Client Services – the smooth operation of all ITS computer labs including: security of hardware and software, and pro-active resolution of issues that arise.
- Document tasks for which he or she is responsible.
- Maintain an expert level of expertise in campus-supported computing applications and use of network resources, including the campus network and the Internet.
- Provide support for all printers, Fax machines, and multifunction printers purchased by IT Services, including the management and maintenance of the print server.
- Coordinate disposal of outdated equipment in a sustainable fashion.
- Act as the primary point of contact and coordinate the recruitment, hiring, scheduling, training, supervision, and evaluation of student technicians that assist in the completion of any of the above duties.
- Serve as a resource person to others in IT Services and participating in projects as required.
- Remain up-to-date on current developments and trends in the field of personal computing.
- Remain current on required certifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Principal Internal Working Relationships: Students, faculty and staff.
External Working Relationships: Vendors.
Direct Reports: None.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma.