Web and Database Programmer
Josh designs, creates, implements, and maintains web-based applications and database reports using various programming languages and databases.
Address: Lynch 005
Web / Database Programmer
Original Date Prepared: 12/2/2009
Reports to: Director of Technical Services
Administrative Group: IT Services
Functional Description: The Web / Database Programmer designs, creates, implements, and maintains web-based applications and database reports, and works with various SQL database structures and repositories. The Web / Database Programmer is part of the Information Management Services group in IT Services, and is a key member of the Web Development Team that is responsible for the ongoing development of the college web site and portal.
- Providing programming support for the college's web site.
- Developing web-based applications for the campus intranet and for IT Services.
- Developing integrated web-based applications from multiple database systems.
- Assisting in the development of web-based applications to access administrative systems.
- Working with various SQL database structures and data repositories.
- Leading database integration efforts and web database reporting access.
- Assisting with web portal administration.
- Assisting in upgrades and replacements of the web server as needed.
- Remaining current in the field of computer networking by regularly reading trade journals and attending workshops, seminars and other training sessions as required.
Principal Internal Working Relationships: Technical Services Group in ITS, Director of Web Communications and New Media in College Relations, Web Development Team, Faculty and Staff.
External Working Relationships: Vendors.
Direct Reports: None.
Education Requirements: Post-secondary training and at least three years of experience in a similar position which included database and programming responsibilities.