Transfer Credit

Coursework attempted at other institutions must be evaluated by the Registrar. Current students are required to obtain approval before attempting coursework at another school. Transfer students’ transcripts will be evaluated prior to enrollment.

Credits are accepted for transfer from regionally accredited institutions provided the grades are C- (1.67) or better for undergraduate work, or B (3.00) or better for graduate work (grades of P or pass will not be accepted). The coursework should be equivalent or similar to work offered at Lebanon Valley College. Grades earned at other institutions will not be calculated into the LVC GPA, nor will they replace grades from equivalent courses taken at LVC in the GPA calculation. Undergraduate students must also complete 30 of their last 36 credits at LVC. Graduate students cannot transfer more than 9 credits.

Current Students - Off-Campus Course Approval Process
Students seeking to take courses at other institutions must obtain prior approval from their advisor and the registrar. To do so, students must complete an Off-Campus Course Approval Form available in the Registrar's Office. A description should be included with all requests, except for courses to be taken at Harrisburg Area Community College (students should consult the HACC-LVC Equivalency Sheet to determine how courses will transfer). Upon completion of the course, students must request that a sealed, official transcript be sent by the institution directly to the Registrar's Office at LVC.

Transfer Students
Students applying to LVC full-time having previously taken courses at other institutions must request that official transcripts be sent to the Office of Admission. The transcripts will then be evaluated by the registrar and prospective students will be notified of the results by the Office of Admission.