Real-World MBA for Working Adults
If what you learn in the classroom doesn't apply in the boardroom, an MBA degree won't take you very far. At Lebanon Valley College, our Master of Business Administration Program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills that pay off in the real world. In our small, seminar-style classes, you'll learn directly from professors and professionals with years of successful experience in small business, corporate America, and international trade so you can begin applying what you learn almost immediately. Our graduates are employed by a diverse range of companies and organizations such as: The Hershey Company, Hershey Entertainment and Resorts, Lancaster General Health, Good Samaritan Health System, TE Connectivity, Giant Food Stores, Ahold U.S.A., Pennsylvania American Water, IU 13, Capital Blue Cross, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, Fort Indiantown Gap, Fulton Bank, M&T Bank, and Wells Fargo.
Our MBA program shares the rich, interdisciplinary character that has distinguished Lebanon Valley College for more than a century. The program uniquely combines the critical thinking and communication fundamentals of the liberal arts with business administration coursework through team-based projects, case studies, the use of real businesses for projects, and the generation of plans for new business ventures. We strive to balance theory and practice, consistently challenging our students to communicate effectively, act ethically, analyze information, and make informed decisions. Our students learn practical information that they can apply to their daily business lives.
12 Courses, 36 Credits
MBA, Healthcare Management Concentration
12 Courses, 36 Credits
MBA, School Leadership Concentration
12 Courses, 36 Credits
The school leadership component has been designed to address all PA leadership core and corollary standards. Courses are paired into complimentary topics (six total courses, three pairs). The courses may be taken independently or as an entire program. The courses will be taught by high quality instructors (superintendents and business experts), in a team-teaching approach.
More program information
Small Classes-Personal Attention
- Lebanon Valley College has a reputation for quality academics and personal attention.
- All MBA students have direct access to the director.
- Faculty members understand the needs of the working adult learner and provide a high level of student support and engagement.
- A typical class has 20 students or fewer.
- MBA alumni have ongoing access to the MBA Program as well as the MBA Alumni Network.
- Take one course at a time.
- Attend one evening per week.
- Select the course and evening that fits your schedule each session.
- Complete the program in 24-36 months depending on what fits your life.
- Take classes on campus in Annville or in Lancaster, Carlisle, or at Fort Indiantown Gap.
The MBA Program can be completed in 24 months and is structured to accommodate the needs of working professionals. Most students take between 24 and 30 months to complete the program, selecting a course schedule that best fits with their work and personal life. This structure gives students, who have difficulty taking courses at certain times of the year, the flexibility they need to complete an MBA.
Students take one class at a time and attend one night per week (M-TH). Fall (mid-August-December) and spring (early January-May) semesters are divided into two sessions with courses in each session running eight weeks. The summer semester (mid-May-early July) has one eight-week session. Students who wish to take two courses in the summer session attend two nights per week for eight weeks.
Application Submission and Start Dates
- LVC has MBA classes starting in August, October, January, March, and May.
- Applications are considered on a rolling basis, and action on your application will be taken immediately after all documentation has been received.
Applicants must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution as well as the interest, apitude, and ability to undertake graduate studies. Applicants must submit all of the following before their application is considered.
The following application materials must be received in order for an application to be submitted. They may be mailed, emailed, or faxed to The MBA Program, 101 N. College Avenue Annville, Pa. 17003, email@example.com, Fax: 717-867-6018.
- A $30 non-refundable application fee, made out to Lebanon Valley College, mailed to the MBA Program. This fee is waived for LVC alumni and applicants from the military
- An official transcript from each college, university, or professional school attended. Official transcripts should be signed and sealed by the issuing school and sent to the MBA office.
- A personal statement about your career goals, professional experience, how you will benefit from and contribute to the program.
- A current professional resume.
- Two letters of professional recommendation.
Each applicant will also need to schedule a personal interview with the MBA Program Director (please call 717 867-6213 to make an appointment).
Every applicant's situation is individually evaluated based on prior academic performance, number of years and type of experience, other advanced degrees or graduate coursework, and performance on GMAT testing (optional). Candidates may improve their opportunity for admission by providing a GMAT score or by successfully completing additional foundational coursework.
How to apply
Permission may be granted to qualified students to take up to two courses (6 credits) in a visiting or conditional capacity. Submission of current resume and an official transcript verifying satisfactory completion of a bachelor's degree or graduate coursework must be submitted to be considered to take courses as a visiting student.
For more information on the MBA Program, call 1-877-877-0423 or email Jennifer Easter, MBA program director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.